Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don’t live in a world all your own.
—Albert Schweitzer (via therandomactorg)
OMG so I just figured out the word “hurt”
it’s past, present and future
you will be hurt
you are hurt
you were hurt
BECAUSE IF SOMETHING TRULY HURT, IT NEVER REALLY STOPS
thats because its a fucking adjective and you don’t conjugate fuking adjectives like this is the same for literally every adjective ever like goddamn why i gotta be the damn elementary school teacher on this website
Except that hurt is a verb or a noun. Hurt is a state of being in pain or harm and/or the actual action of causing pain or harm.
So apparently you aren’t a teacher and you don’t know how to look up a word in a dictionary or Google for that matter.
For fucks sake.
Thus, the logic of the feminist argument to “Teach men not to rape” is revealed.
Yes because it’s such a radical notion to expect rapists to control themselves.
This analogy is terrible because
- When someone reports a robbery and the police come, they don’t find out the home owner’s door was left unlocked and decide a crime didn’t take place or imply that the home owner was literally asking to be robbed. They still treat it like a crime and search for the guilty part regardless of the actions of the homeowners.
- The percentage of the general population that commits home invasion and burglary is FAR lower than the percentage of people who commit rape, and studies show the vast majority of people who commit rape don’t consider it rape. (A coerced or unconscious person is seen as consenting for example).
- Educating people on the concept of consent and how to respect bodily autonomy is not some huge overask, it’s like a very basic thing that would take very little time and impact the world in huge ways.
- HOUSES ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS, AND HAVING SOME BELONGINGS STOLEN IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED AND HAVE YOUR BODILY AUTONOMY VIOLATED.
5. People will turn to theft when living under various systems of oppression to get by, while rape is used as a tool for oppression.